Here is how LifeBio sees reminiscence touching ALL dimensions of wellness, and why it cannot be ignored as a tool to use with seniors at home, in senior living, assisted living, nursing homes, or with those who have memory challenges. Besides unlocking a fascinating story, it leads to an amazing opportunity for engagement.
- Physical – Activate the hippocampus area of brain where memories are stored. "Autobiography for older adults is like chocolate for the brain," said Dr. Gene Cohen in a conversation with Beth Sanders, Founder of LifeBio.
- Spiritual – Deeply touch people as they share beliefs, values, life lessons, etc.
- Occupational – This gives people an important job to do. Creating a LEGACY.
- Emotional – Joys and challenges are recorded and shared. LifeBio has been found to increase happiness and satisfaction with life. “Get it off your chest.”
- Environmental - Life stories build a strong sense of community.
- Intellectual – Life stories help people learn about themselves and about other people. Fascinating new knowledge and people learn to listen.
- Social – People form new bonds with their neighbors and become friends through the power of story.
Want to start a storytelling project in your community? Call LifeBio at 937-303-4576 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.