All I want for Christmas is your life story recorded. I always want to be able to read your story and remember it well. I know this is a priceless gift and it's something that only YOU can give me. Now when I say your life story, I mean that I want you to share....
- your memories from childhood (even little details like your best friend, favorite toy, game, food, radio/TV program, etc.).
- historical events and how they affected you and our family.
- heirlooms that mean a lot to you and WHY they mean a lot.
- those fu nny stories you always tell me when we're talking on the phone.
- our family history (not just genealogy but what makes our family tick). Also, I can't remember. What was my great-grandfather's name?
- how you took baths way back when.
- what a day was like for you at school.
- what great-grandmother was really like.
- the names of the people in the photo album that I don't know.
- what kind of work you did. Did you have any fun when you were my age?
- about ME. What was it like when you held me for the first time? What funny things did I do or say when I was a kid?
- words of advice for me
- your values. The kids and I can learn something I'm sure.
These things don't come up in normal conversation most of the time. Yes, I'd really appreciate it if you'd write an autobiography about YOU. That's the book I want the most. It won't be hard for you to write it because I'm going to make sure you have some carefully-crafted life story questions to answer that will help you say what matters most. Even if you just answer one question every day, you'll be making progress!
YOUR NAME GOES HERE