We love as we listen

Last Thursday I went to the home of a very special woman. As a personal historian in Ohio, it was my great privilege to be able to videotape this 94-year-old in her country home at the request of her grandson. There was a sparkle in her eye as she shared her story....the challenges of running a dairy farm, the joys of raising a family, her Christian faith that had helped her through many difficult days and years. It was my first time meeting her, but I felt instantly connected to her. She shared pages of her favorite scriptures--intentionally passing on her faith and values to her children and grandchildren. She was surrounded by family and I was there too, of course, and we all loved as we listened. She could feel our love and we could certainly feel her love. What an amazing experience for all. We love when we listen.

Comments