Trick or Treat...the day after

The kids had a great time Trick or Treating last night. They shared some Butterfingers with me--my favorite. It brought to mind one of the funniest things that ever happened back in Erie, Pennsylvania, my hometown. My sister, brothers, and I were still all living at home at the time.

One Halloween we dressed my sister up as a scarecrow and carried her out and sat her in a chair in the front yard. The neighborhood boys had no idea that she was inside the newspaper and big clothes and paperbag face. They sat on the dummy in the chair and asked where my sister was as they stood around for about an hour. She didn't move. Then, when she could stand it no longer (and the suspense was killing me too), my sister rose up out of the chair and you should have seen the looks on their faces! Just once...we got something over on the neighbor boys. That was a memorable day!

How 'bout your most memorable Halloween? Favorite costume? Funny story?

Comments